If you haven’t tried Vital Proteins’ new delicious Collagen Creamers, you need to. These diverse creamers can be incorporated into any recipe your heart desires, so naturally a holiday loaf needed to be created.
Gingerbread cookies and loaves are a time-honored tradition for many cultures, where the soft-baked loaves are more popular than the stiff variety used to make gingerbread houses. Ginger root was considered by many ancient civilizations as a valuable commodity, as it helped disguise the flavor of preserved food. It has been used in different forms and various tonics to help support digestion and the immune system.
1 c cashew butter
1/2 c applesauce
1/2 c maple syrup
1 t vanilla extract
1 t fresh grated ginger root
1/2 c cassava flour
1 t baking powder
2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer, Coconut
1/4 t salt
1 T lemon juice
Gingerbread spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice) to taste
1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer, Coconut
2 T coconut milk
2 T raw honey
1 t arrowroot starch
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a standard loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add in cashew butter, applesauce, maple syrup, egg, vanilla extract and fresh grated ginger root. Mix until well-combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together cassava flour, baking powder, Coconut Collagen Creamer, salt, and spices.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well-incorporated.
5. Add in the lemon juice and whisk again.
6. Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
7. For the glaze: add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend on high. Let the glaze sit for a few minutes to thicken. Best served on the holiday loaf when it has cooled slightly.
8. Serve immediately.